Senior Property Valuation Protection
FELIPE A. FUENTES JR.
SANTA CRUZ COUNTY ASSESSOR
SENIOR PROPERTY VALUATION PROTECTION INFORMATION
PURPOSE: To freeze full cash value of a primary residence owned by seniors based on income and age.
Requirements for Applicant:
- Must be on title of property and a minimum of age 65.
- Property must be primary residence for a minimum of two years. Rental property does not qualify. Primary residence is defined as a residence occupied by the taxpayer (applicant) for an aggregate of nine months of the calendar year. A taxpayer can have only one primary residence.
- All sources of income from all owners, including taxable and nontaxable monies, cannot exceed $34,080 per year for a single owner or $42,600 per year for two or more owners.
Documents Required With Application:
- Proof of age eligibility - Birth certificate, Passport or Driver’s License.
- Proof of residency - Driver's License, State issued ID card or Voter Registration, etc.
- Proof of property ownership-Valuation Notice, Tax Bill or Deed.
- Proof of all income-Interest, Dividends, Social Security, Retirement, Pension, Wages, Salaries, Annuities, Alimony, Disability, Unemployment or Public Benefit Statements & Copy of Previous Year’s Income Tax Returns.
(Income information will be used by this office for verification only and will be considered confidential)
Qualified persons MUST RENEW application EVERY 3 YEARS
Renewal applications will be sent
6 months prior to renewal date.