The Santa Cruz County Public Works, Community Development, Flood Control District, Central Permits and Building Code Departments ARE MOVING to our new location at 275 Rio Rico Drive in Rio Rico, Arizona.
Click here for more information.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Flood Control District and Floodplain Administration of Santa Cruz County is to provide flood hazard identification, regulation, remediation, and education to the people in Santa Cruz County so that they can reduce their risks of injury, death, and property damage due to flooding while enjoying the natural and beneficial values served by floodplain's.
Division Goals & Objectives: To minimize flood and erosion
damages for all county residents, property and infrastructure through
a variety of flood control and natural resource management activities.
As a public service, the Santa Cruz County Flood Control District will provide the following information upon request:
- Whether a property is in or out of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) of the unincorporated County and the City of Nogales, Arizona
- Additional flood insurance data for a site, such as FIRM Zone and the base flood elevation or depth, if shown on the FIRM.
- Basic level information (Site Review) on the requirements of the Santa Cruz County Flood Control District for construction on flood prone property.
- We have several handouts available of the flood insurance purchase requirement that can help people who need a mortgage or loan for a property in the SFHA.
- We have several handouts available of the requirements and procedures for development within all flood prone areas within unincorporated Santa Cruz County and the City of Nogales, Arizona.
- Review and investigation of drainage complaints regarding activities within the floodplain, such as filling, construction, or the alteration, diversion, or obstruction of the flow of water.
- Provide maps of properties showing the location of floodplains on the property, both current and past FEMA Special Flood Hazard Areas and locally regulatory floodplains, and providing the topography on the property with a 2 foot contour interval.
- Provide, via a Site Review, advice on potential ways of reducing or preventing flooding and flood related damages to private Property.
- The Santa Cruz County Flood Control District maintains a record of all Elevation Certificates that have been submitted as a requirement for Floodplain Use Permits for all structures, Pre-FIRM and Post-FIRM, since June 1, 2001, that have received a Floodplain Use Permit and complied with all requirements of said permit.
Attached is a copy of the appropriate forms and information available
from the District.
If you would like to make an inquiry, please either contact the office, or submit a Flood Hazard Information Sheet for either the Unincorporated County or the City of Nogales. Please provide the tax code identification number (assessors property number) and or street address, and if available, the legal description, and submit the form to the Santa Cruz County Flood Control District.
We are open 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday-Thursday. Fax us at (520) 761-7946, call us at (520) 375-7830, or drop by the Santa Cruz County Flood Control District office in the County Complex at 2150 North Congress Drive, Room #117, Nogales, Arizona.
For all inquiries via the fax or phone, please allow up to ten business days for a reply. All walk-in inquiries will be handled as soon as possible depending on personnel availability. There is currently no charge for these services.
Santa Cruz Flood Control District
Open 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday