Salud Por Vida
Salud Por Vida is a comprehensive program that empowers school champions-P.E. teachers, classroom teachers, principals, administrators, parents-to create active environments that enable all students to get moving, eat healthy and reach their full potential.
Let’s work together in helping our students lead active and healthy successful lives.
The “Salud Por Vida” project goals are:
- Provide instruction in healthy eating habits and nutrition
- Provide fitness education and assessments so that students will understand, improve, or maintain their physical well-being
- Implement a curriculum that addresses student needs and leads to changed behavior and attitudes with regard to Health and Nutrition.
- Nogales Unified School District -NUSD# 1
- Patagonia Elementary School District
- Santa Cruz Valley Unified School District #35- SCVSD #35
- Sonoita Elementary School District
- Boys & Girls Club of Santa Cruz County
- University of Arizona Cooperative Extension, Mix it Up Nutrition Ed Program
- The University of Arizona Healthy Living Training Center
- Staff health coaches at participating sites
- Support for curriculum development state standards
- Professional development on current research-based best practices for Fitness & Nutrition Education.
- Funding for related materials & supplies
- Participation in State & National Conferences
- Before & after school programs
- Summer Youth Leadership Summit
- Development of School Health Advisory Committee
Why Physical and Nutrition Education Matters?
Regular physical activity and a healthy diet help students succeed in school-and in life! Eating healthy and being active for 60 minutes each day has been shown to:
- Increase concentration and focus
- Improve classroom attendance and behavior
- Boost academic performance
“Every child needs a champion-anyone can be that champion.”
LEARN MORE VISIT:
Let’s Move Active Schools www.letsmoveschools.org
Fuel Up to Play 60 www.fueluptoplay60.com
Choose My Plate www.choosemyplate.gov